GINGER BEER MOJITO
At number 1, this Ginger Beer Mojito recipe we found via www.gimmesomeoven.com and tastes absolutely delicious!
Ginger beer meets mint and lime and rum in this simple Ginger Beer Mojito.
- 10 mint leaves
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 1.5 ounces light rum (optional if you want to turn this into a mocktail)
- 4 ounces ginger beer
- garnishes: fresh lime wedges or slices, fresh mint sprigs
Muddle the mint together with the lime juice in a glass. Add a few large ice cubes, then pour in the rum and ginger beer. Finish the drink with additional garnishes, if desired.
(*I strained out the mint leaves that I used to muddle with the lime juice after the first step. Then added in a few extra fresh mint leaves along with the lime wedges as a garnish. Just a personal preference, but you can totally leave the original mint leaves in the drink if you'd like.)
VANILLA MANGO MOJITO
At number 2 this vanilla and mango infused mojito is a delicious tropical twist on the original mojito. We found this delight via http://summer.simplyorganic.com
- 1 Lime, juiced
- Sparkling water
- Seeds scraped from 1/2 of one simply organic vanilla bean
- 2 tablespoons diced mango fresh or frozen
- 2 teaspoons organic sugar
- garnishes: 8 mint leaves
- In a tall glass, add the vanilla bean seeds, diced mango, organic sugar and mint leaves.
- Pour enough sparkling water in the glass to cover the ingredients (approximately 3 tablespoons).
- Muddle the ingredients together using a muddler until the sugar is dissolved and the vanilla bean seeds are distributed throughout the bottom of the glass.
- Add lime juice, rum and crushed ice.
FROZEN COCONUT MOJITO
At number 3, this creamy frozen coconut laced mojito is a tropical dream! Recipe via http://www.aspicyperspective.com
- 4 ounces cream of coconut
- 4 ounces coconut rum
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 8 fresh lime leaves
- 4 cups ice
- Place all ingredients in a high powered blender with 4 cups of ice. Blend until smooth then pour!
- Garnish with mint and lime slices.
At number 4 this mojito is perfect for all celebrations! The Champagne mojito found via http://www.gogogogourmet.com
- 3 Lime edges
- 2 sprigs fresh mint
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- 1 1/2 oz white rum
- 2 oz champagne
- In a medium cocktail glass, add the like wedges, mint and simple syrup. Muddle together.
- Fill the glass with ice and pour in the rum. Top off with champagne and gently stir. Serve immediately.
BLUEBERRY MOJITO POPSICLE
Now for something different at number 5 - one of the most pinned popsicle recipes on Pinterest the Blueberry Mojito Popsicle - via bromabakery.com
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 35 mint leaves
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 6 tbs light rum
- 6 oz blueberries
- Popsicle moulds
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, water, and 25 mint leaves. Heat over medium heat until the sugar is completely dissolved, then remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, strain out mint and pour syrup into a large bowl. Squeeze into the bowl lime juice and rum and mix until combined
- Pour into 10 popsicle molds, filling a little more than ¾ of the way up. Toss one fresh mint leaf and about 12 blueberries into each mold. Fit with popsicle stick and freeze for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.